Warning: getimagesize(/home/sabminde/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttps://sabminder.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Use-Firebase-Remote-Config-in-your-iOS-app-with-Swift-squashed.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sabminde/public_html/wp-content/themes/Total/framework/classes/image-resize.php on line 103
- 1.How to create a grid layout in a UICollectionView
- 2.How to switch from one layout to another in UICollectionView
- 3.Create a custom datasource for your UICollectionView
- 4.Pass objects between viewcontrollers in Swift
- 5.Create custom layout with multiple UICollectionViewCells
- 6.Upload image to Firebase Storage in iOS using Swift
- 7.Create the login view and manage user state – Create an iOS app from an UI Kit in Swift
- 8.How to use Firebase Remote Config in your iOS app using Swift
- 9.How to add custom font into your iOS app
In the past few years Firebase evolved a lot, added a lot of cool new features, that some developers might haven’t even heard of. I know cause I was one of them, who had no idea about Firebase Remote Config and what it can bring to the table.
Firebase Remote Config is your new best friend
With Firebase Remote Config you can set up a bunch of keys and value pairs on Firebase which then can be fetched by your app. Think about all those releases you did where you just needed to change a value, a base url or a color of a button. Now with this awesome feature you can do exactly that.
Let’s see some examples for use case:
- you have a version number in your API calls, but you have recently updated your API and want to update the app as well to use v2/ instead of v1. Just add a value in Firebase Remote Config and update your app
- you want to change the color of a button – add a key to your available keys and specify a value
- you want to modify the default layout of your items in an UICollectionView
Hope you liked this tutorial, if you did and feel like supporting the channel, please subscribe and check out my other videos as well.
Click on the button below to get the project.